“Node Roundup: Bedecked, Knockout.sync.js, express-promise” http://feedly.com/k/1aTXMdI
A user suggested being able to set the default view in the article list. I thought it was a good idea, so I pushed out a quick update. Here’s what’s new:
- Improved article HTML rendering.
- New option to set Unread or All as default in article list view.
- App was crashing intermittently when editing properties of a feed – Fixed!
It’s been a while since I’ve released an update. MyFeeds 2.7 fixes some bugs and adds a new feature. Get it now!
- Swipe left and right in the Feed View to switch between displaying only unread articles or all articles. No need to go to settings and toggle hiding unread items when you want to re-read items.
- Added a menu item in the Article View to read the article using Instapaper instead of it being an option in settings. The button will always launch the article in the browser now.
- Bug – Feeds with no title would cause the app to crash when paring the feed. Fixed!
- Bug – App would crash sometimes when launching an article in the browser. Fixed!
- Bug – App would crash while parsing feed from http://newsfeed.zeit.de/index. Fixed!
- Bug – App would crash sometimes when trying to get the currently playing track. Fixed!
In Git, color.status.changed, color.status.untracked and color.branch.remote, default to red on normal (whatever your console background color is). This can be difficult to read. You can change them using:
git config "foreground-color background-color attribute"
git config --global color.status.changed "yellow normal bold" git config --global color.status.untracked "yellow normal bold" git config --global color.branch.remote "yellow normal bold"
Note that “yellow normal dim” will show up as white in PowerShell, so if you want to use yellow, you must also specify bold.
Git-Posh uses red as the default for GitPromptSettings.WorkingForegroundColor and GitPromptSettings.UntrackedForegroundColor. These are difficult to read as well. They can be changed by editing your PowerShell profile:
- From a PowerShell window, type: notepad $profile to edit your profile.
- Add the following lines somewhere after the #### end POSH-GIT config line near the end.
$global:GitPromptSettings.WorkingForegroundColor = [ConsoleColor]::Yellow $global:GitPromptSettings.UntrackedForegroundColor = [ConsoleColor]::Yellow
You’ll need to restart PowerShell to see the change.
MyFeeds 2.6 is a quick bugfix. I had a number of reports on an OverflowException causing the app to crash. I was using Convert.ToInt32() to convert enclosure length from a string. I was storing it as a long anyway, so just needed to switch to Convert.ToInt64().
- Bugfix - OverflowException while parsing some feeds with enclosures was causing app to crash. Fixed!
It has been certified and should be available within 24 hours. Get the update here!
MyFeeds 2.5 is just a small bugfix release:
- Fixed Null Reference Exception when navigating away from the Article Page.
Get it here.
What’s new in MyFeeds 2.4?
- Option to allow download of podcasts on cellular network.
- Option to allow download of podcasts on battery power.
- Option to disable streaming of podcasts.
- Bug fix: certain feeds causing app to crash when adding or updating.
- Bug fix: Work-around for a Windows Phone 8 platform bug. This was causing the app to crash sometimes when accessing the local database. The work-around will prevent crashes, but sometimes data will not be updated.